top of page
Musician. Guitarist. Teacher.
"It didn't make any difference to me if I was listening to Lightnin' Slim or a vocal group called the Jewels...or Webern or Varese or Stravinsky. To me it was all good music."
Photo by David Baumbach
Equally at home in the worlds of rock, jazz, blues and folk, performer and recording artist Jonathan Finkelman brings feeling, sensitivity and a personal approach to any musical situation.
- 15 years on Music Faculty at Hunter College, teaching music theory, sight-singing and ear training classes
- More than 30 years experience teaching private guitar, electric bass and music theory lessons to students of all levels
- B.F.A., Jazz Performance, City College, CUNY
- M.A., Music Composition, Hunter College, CUNY
For more about Jonathan's teaching, click here.
- Two Gentlemen of Verona (American Theater of Actors)
- Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well... (Five Moon Theatre)
- Summer Suns/Tales of Night (director, George C. Wolfe)
- Accompanist for Riverside Church Choir Gala concerts
- Co-leader (with Michael Neal) of jazz quintet regularly featured at Riverside Church Chamber Music Series
- Co-leader (with Ellen Weiss) of Moonglow, guitar-vocal duo, performing jazz/soul classics and original songs at venues throughout NYC area including Metropolitan Room, Caffe Vivaldi, Tagine, Pelham Arts Center
- Arranged and played lead guitar tracks on singer/songwriter John Michael Hersey's CD, Personal Belongings
Jonathan is available for restaurants, nightclub dates, parties and special events – as a solo guitarist or with Moonglow, his versatile duo with singer Ellen Weiss.
For more information, click here.
bottom of page